Sigrity's 10.1 Beta Release Information
November 8, 2010
The 10.1 beta release is
available for immediate download for Windows and Linux
customers. Prominent in this release is a new
S-parameter tuning capabilities in BroadbandSPICE and a
new TDR / TDT simulation mode in SPEED2000.
capability incorporates DC simulation results for enhanced
Users will see enhancements across
all Sigrity products. A summary of these capabilities
is listed below. This is a beta release and users are
encouraged to provide feedback to Sigrity in advance of
Following is a partial feature summary.
10.1 beta software is available for electronic download at
Sigrity's Customer Sign-In area (SPDNet). Primary user
contacts have account user name and password information.
Password retrieval is available at the site.
(10.1 Beta Release)
Overall SpeedXP capability:
- Support for cascaded models with MCP ...
Streamlines simulations that include multiple models with a
wizard and graphical feedback as the models are joined.
- Additional material property handling ... Detail
can be now be specified for dielectric, metal and thermal
- Leadframe package flow support ... Enables
simulation of designs that begin as imported DXF (geometry
only) files and ads electrical intelligence in the process.
An editor for gullwing leads has also been added.
- TDR / TDT simulation and postprocessing ... A new
simulation mode and voltage waveform display capability has
been added at no charge. Sweep functions are
incorporated with the new capability.
- Power-aware IBIS I/O driver models ... Automation
has been added for SSO simulations which are more accurate
than traditional IBIS model based simulations. Sigrity is the
first EDA company to offer a commercial tool that supports
IBIS power-aware models.
- HTML reporting improvements ... Support has been
added to enable viewing of multiple time domain simulation
results (voltage waveforms, eye diagrams, etc.).
Toggle views and hyperlinks support make improve the
usefulness of the reports.
- Combined AC and DC simulation results ... New and
unique Sigrity capability has been added that combines DC
results with frequency-swept AC results for improved
accuracy over the entire simulation bandwidth.
- Multi-processor access ... Users that have
hardware with multiple processors and sufficient memory will
benefit from simulations that are distributed between
processors for greater throughput.
- S-parameter sanity checking ... Provides
capability to tune-up user-supplied S-parameters to address
issues such as abrupt magnitude or phase changes.
- Passivity and causality checks ... Overall
viewing is supported and specific local regions of frequency
domain data can be identified that contribute most to
- HTML reporting of complex power topologies ... A
new block diagram visualization capability is available to
promote easy understanding of complex power topologies.
The information is automatically created, values and pass /
fail results are easily observed.
- Current flow animation ... Multi-speed animation
support enables quick visualization of how current flows
from a power source to sinks.
Channel Designer capability:
- Back-channel simulation support ... An
industry-first capability has been added to more accurately
simulate high-speed SerDes channel behavior.
- HDMI compliance kit ... Automatic verification
that channel performance meets HDMI specifications.
- Automated model builder ... Direct integration
between Sigrity's PowerSI and Channel Designer to enable
channel blocks to be associated with physical layouts
(represented as .spd files) with support for user selection
of objects of interest.
- Adaptive CTLE model support ... A new AMI model
has been added to the Channel Designer library to support
programmable, adaptive continuous time linear equalization
with options for both clock and data recovery and decision
feedback equalization in one model.
Improvements to OptimizePI in the most recent
- Pre-layout enhancements ... With the new release,
arbitrary stackup and shape information can be created to
enable early studies with the most accurate available
information. Support is also included for the import
of component footprint and fanout information.
- Updated Murata decap library ... The new library
provides higher accuracy and additional parts.
- Improved reporting ... The decap summary report
clearly distinguishes between original decaps, optimized
decaps, and non-optimized decaps..
Improvements to XtractIM in the most recent production release:
- Total per pin inductance ... Support for a quick
total loading analysis and full net extraction. Return
current flow through all pins and nets is observed based on the current
pumped into a single pin on any net.
- New reporting options ...
Simplified way to display multi die branch parasitics.
A new crosstalk report is also available with user
- DXF important (targeting leadframe designs) ...
Enables basic graphical data to be brought into Sigrity's
environment for analysis. Includes some built in
XcitePI (5.0 Production)
Improvements to XcitePI in the most recent production release:
- Simplified user interface ... The XcitePI user
interface takes on the check-list style flow approach of
other Sigrity tools. Enhancements are available for
port selection and MCP connections.
- Increased capacity ... A hierarchical database
supports additional performance and capacity in the GDS
Unified Package Designer
Improvements to UPD in the newest production release:
- Power integrity assessments ... Sophisticated yet
easy to use functionality enables layout designers to
identify potential power delivery system issues and improve
- Component scaling ... Pin locations can
be adjusted by user specified percentages to support die
shrink package applications.
- Leadframe metal editing ... New areafill and
space adjustment options have been added.
Orbit IO (9.0 Production)
Improvements to OrbitIO in the newest production release:
- RDL routing ... Quickly produce DRC clean results
that can be exported to IC P&R tools. Enables fast
validation of routability and the quality of IO and bump pad
- New IOview function ... Provides highly
automated and rule-driven IO pad ring construction.